Thursday, September 20, 2012

ROGATE students are not normal. They are gifted. They are special. They need a special education. These are some pros and cons, myths and facts about being gifted. Let's start with the cons ,or the bad things, about being gifted, from personal experience. First off, asynchronous, or unsyncronized, development may cause false presumptions. There are 4 kinds of maturity, social, emotional, mental,and physical. For example, I was, and still am, short. Because of my height, many people think I am younger than I really am. Why, just the other day when all the club sign ups and stuff were set up in the main hallway, I was looking at the 8th grade council poster , and one of my friends asked me what clubs I was going to join. I answered "Pawprints, FBLA, the musical and play, and I think 8th grade council.",and a boy standing looking at the Congress Poster said to me " You have to be in 8th grade to be in 8th grade council."  NO DUH! 8TH GRADE COUNCIL!!! I didn't say that though, I just turned to him and said, "I am in 8th grade." This is just one example of how asychronus developement can cause false presumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment