Monday, June 10, 2013

Making a Difference

Yesterday, I asked myself, "How can something so small, so seemingly insignificant, make such a big difference?" I realized that every year, every month, every week, every day, every hour, every minute, every second, can make a big difference. So many things happen within such a small amount of time, but we don't truly see how much is actually happening. Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal at the moment, but everything that you say, do, and write affects what happens in the future. For instance,when you drop a penny, and you don't pick it up, a child may find it, pick it up, and their face will light up with happiness as they go to show it off.
 A child, so small, can make such a big difference on somebody's life. One laugh, one smile, one word can change everything. Children are the past, the present, and the future. They are a ray of sunshine to light the path through the darkness ahead. Children are a glimmer of hope. A little candle- flickering, burning brightly. The little flame dances, but you must be careful with the flame, or it will go out. Like the sunlight is poisoned by the darkness of the clouds, children's minds are poisoned by the world around them. If you are careful with the flame, like a child learns, the flame will grow. A child, like a fire, fills people with warmth. One laugh can bring a smile to someone's face, one cry, can bring sadness to those nearby.
As a teen, I ask myself, What can I do? How can I make a difference? I am just one of many, like one star among the millions that are to many to count, I think to myself. But no. I am not one of many, I am one-of-a-kind. We all are. And every single one of us can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment